20100930

Thanks Gertrude

They say, so they say, the proverbial they, that
i am bored and weary because im boring and wearying
and girls like me, with a figure like me, have a tendency to figure what they tell me makes sense
because they seems so much more than me, its even a longer word
[theres power, a power it seems, in syllables and consecutive stringing of symbols]

but this time, of all times, after so much time, i really think it's you, firefly
it's your shimmer that's duller than
first grade costume glitter
because playgrounds and lollipops and freckles gleam
until you drop that sticky sweetness in the boogery sand.

and i got, what i got feels like im being besot, what i have got
is an appetite like my boss' down on that waterfront
he eats real mean and hardly breathes a breath of clean and fights mean,
too
and that cook im in love with, whos in love with his kid, that kid of a cook i want to make love with
makes my boss a steak as big as my face and he'll wash it down with cazadores and we've got a fight, a real mean fight

so i spend my day waiting on him, waiting on my feet, waiting is quite a feat
and i guess after all that pacing around for you seems like too much too too much much
i need you to bring me to my knees, instead, in works stead, in schools stead, in times stead, in my appetites stead, in my sad's stead, instead of instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment