20111226

There are some things people say
that I shall forthwith deny,
like:

I am not a poetry person.
I am in love but generally a forgetful person.
It's too late to think about these things and
I need my sleep.
I do not say sorry, because I am not
a sorry person.
How many lovers have you had? How many people have you slept with?
(I shall appreciate if they differentiate but
I shall deny nonetheless)

There are some things people say
that cannot be denied
nor accepted, for the sheer fragility
of veracity, like:

It is not necessary to love like this.
I am in love but am not compatible with this person.
I am a mother who named my son Abraham, or Noel, or Paul;
They will be good men.

There are things I shall say
and say and say and say and
will not deny myself, like:

I cannot be in love with anyone, because I am
already in love with love.
I will die a woman who has made love to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment